ASHRAE has announced a call for presentations for the 2021 Building Performance Analysis Conference to be held September 22-24 in Denver, Colorado. The theme for the conference is "Design and Operation for Resilient and Healthy Buildings".
"The past year has brought forward new challenges for the design and operation of new and existing buildings, in particular challenges related to the health and well being of occupants," says John Bynum, conference chair. "Additionally, interest in embodied energy and operational emissions continues to grow across the industry due to regulatory and other drivers. This conference will provide an opportunity for building professionals across disciplines to share and learn about these topics and many others as we continue to work towards a better built environment."
Building performance analysis professionals and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for individual presentations between 20-30 minutes in length or 90 minute panel or seminar sessions. Proposals can cover a broad range of topics addressing the needs of the building performance analysis community. Creative and interactive presentation formats are strongly encouraged.
The 2021 Building Performance Analysis Conference requests the following submission types:
- Individual presentations on projects, research or career/business development topics. (20-30 min)
- Panel with 3-4 industry experts on a current topic of interest or team case study. (90 min)
- Seminar Session with a chair and 1-4 speakers on one of the following topics. (60-90 min)
Topics include (but arenâ€™t limited to):
- Modeling Advances
- Cost Effective & Efficient Modelling for Design Support & Facilitation
- Modeling for Greenhouse Gas Targets
- Modeling for Embodied Energy
- Modeling Existing Buildings
- Occupant Behavior & Comfort
- Occupant Health & Wellbeing
- Passive Survivability & Resiliency
- Innovations in Passive and Hybrid Heating and Cooling
- Modeling for the Future
- Urban Scale Modeling
- Measurement and Verification
- Intelligent Building Operations
- Lighting and Daylighting
- CFD Applications for Architectural Decision Making
Submissions will be open until Friday, May 7th. Presentation proposals include an abstract, learning objectives and methods of assessment. If accepted, presentations will be due September 27, 2021.